top of page


WebMD: Surgery for Sleep Apnea

To figure out what’s blocking your airway and what surgery might be best for you, your doctor will use a skinny tube called a nasopharyngoscope. It goes in through your nose and down the back of your throat. If it sounds uncomfortable, don’t worry: Your doctor will either numb the area or give you something to make you sleep.

With this method, your doctor “will get to see where the obstruction is and how it happens while you’re actually sleeping,” says Raj Dasgupta, MD, an assistant professor of clinical medicine, pulmonary, and sleep medicine at the University of Southern California.

Featured Posts
Follow Me
  • Grey Facebook Icon
  • Grey Twitter Icon
  • Grey Instagram Icon
  • Grey Pinterest Icon
bottom of page